Thursday, April 21, 2016

Blog Stage 6: The STAAR Test 

I have to agree with the topic discussed in The Lone Star Blog, written by Jennifer- one of my classmates. She mentioned issues of replacing a level exit test, formerly known as TAKS, with what is now known as STAAR. I remember when I was in high school, I took the TAKS test before graduation. Instead of learning any new material, we only covered study guides to pass this test. I understand the academic concern of wanting the graduating class to pass it. In the other hand, a simple test does not fully incorporate the capacity of a student. Many score poorly in tests but are excellent on hands on projects. Its a broad topic to analyze and write about the pros and cons of the issue. So the article was a good starting point on this ongoing education dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment